Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have been looking at getting a harness for my little gal, and I have found a website that came well recommended for beginners and those not looking for anything fancy. I took all her measurements and know what size to get her, but I am wondering if I should hold off. She is three this year, and my experience with bigger horses is they grow and fill out for quite some time. I know my big guy was almost six before he looked like a regular horse (got really tall really fast and stayed so lanky). Can I trust the measurements I have now to fit her later? Will she change much, other than the expected maturing, from what she is now? I don't want to get her something she's going to grow out of.

Maybe as a side note, is there anything that I should really pay attention too when buying things like harnesses and carts?

Thank you!:gallop:

·
Registered
482 Posts
the harness I had for mini donkey was adjustable and I believe most are. I think if you getting something that fits her now, it will still fit her when she is done growing.

I'm not sure about 100% sure about carts. But I believe there are standards (mini, pony, cob, horse, draft) The biggest thing I think is to make sure the shafts are straight/balanced. You don't want them at a downward angle or a steep upward angle that would indicate the cart is either to large or small.

Most of all enjoy it! I so miss trucking around in a cart. It is so much fun :)

Reactions: KLJcowgirl

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes my brain gets over thinking any time I even think about spending more than a hundred dollars! I don't know why I do that to myself. Thank you so much for your reply, it did help put me at ease, and I ordered today! Yay!

I do so look forward to learning something new! Driving has always been something I wanted to learn. Plus it's something I think my husband could do to get him more involved, he really sucks at riding ;) haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.