The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we've made another mini purchase...purchases I should say. Here's our new breeding stallion;

I didn't take the pic, and the pics I took - well, let's say he looks a little gruff. Needs a shave, a bathe - but I can't pile it on him. He's 6 and for the past four years all he's done is bred mares.

This little guy is simply amazing with the progress he's made in just two days. He's jumping - but I think he's going to turn more into the hunters class with his style. Doesn't have enough get up and go for the real jumping class. He was super studdy and excited when you'd strut him around and he'd see another horse. With very minor correction, he's become silent and mannerly. I think he needs a chiro, some more experience in the world, and he's going to be great! He has a half a blue eye.

His name is Viking, but I'm thinking of Vick. Here's a crappy headshot of his super cute snip! Sorry for his hair... he aspires to be in a hair metal band is all I can guess. So perhaps I should name him Snider, Motley, Ozzy?

You can't see it well enough here, but it's like a little flame n__n

And introducing CJ (to be renamed from Cracker Jack). He's sired by Viking, and we bought him and his momma. Cracker jack is the ONLY foal by Viking who has not come out black or gray.

Aaaand just some random shots from the farm.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is, and moreso now!

He got a hair cut. At first, he wasn't at all impressed with the big noisy bug flying around him, so I turned them off... rubbed him all over... turned them on, rubbed him all over... and he started leaning into it, like "Oh yeah, thats the spot!" What a goober - so I clipped his head, forelock, etc and now he looks like a MAN! 8D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts