The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's only been a week and I miss my horse sooo much. It would help if I were working but my new job doesn't start for a couple months yet so I don't really have much to distract me.

It hurts, looking back at pictures and seeing things I could have done differently to make our time more special. It felt more like boot camp to him than just hanging out as we learned soo much stuff in a small time frame.

All I'm left with are pictures people have taken for me. I wish I would have taken more or had someone there 24/7 taking pictures of every moment.

*sigh*

Only 721 days left.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I hope it gets easier for you. At least now when you get back home, you can appreciate your time with Sky and you can spend more chill time together. Is there anyone around your area with horses? Maybe you could inquire and see if anybody needs help with their horses or put up a advertisement.

((Hugs))

Reactions: Skyseternalangel

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is he?
:(
More like where am I!

He's back in Maryland happy as a horse can be with two ladies riding him and spoiling him.

I moved to New Zealand since I'm sadly still dependent on my family and he got pulled here to help them with radios as they are all outdated and not earthquake ready. :/

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope it gets easier for you. At least now when you get back home, you can appreciate your time with Sky and you can spend more chill time together. Is there anyone around your area with horses? Maybe you could inquire and see if anybody needs help with their horses or put up a advertisement.

((Hugs))
I haven't seen any horses yet. Some sheep on the side of a hill but the farm house was at the tippy top, no way to get there that I could make out.

I've found some riding stables on google but my parents are against me driving out there and they don't really want to go either.

So I'm going to work, get my paycheck and rent a car to get up there in a few months.

You need one of those webcamera monitors so you can see him 24/7!
I was actually joking about that before I left.. but wouldn't that be a little stalkerish? xD

"Oh.. LOOK HE'S EATING!!! Nom nom nommmm"

"Oh look he made a mess of his stall.. such a pooper!"

lol.. Big brother for horses xP

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
It sucks, but maybe this will give you an opportunity to ride different horses and learn something different while you are there...stay positive! :)

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sucks, but maybe this will give you an opportunity to ride different horses and learn something different while you are there...stay positive! :)
Definitely working on it!

Just wish my family would also take the initiative. Can't drive myself until I get myself a car. It'll happen! Just not right away.

Thanks Cowchick :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Well if you get really desperate, I'm sure some of us Aussies wouldn't mind having you over so you can get your horsey fix :p

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've found 3 volunteer opportunities in the suburbs closeby. I've sent an email to the volunteer center to see if I can take part.

Fingers crossed!

Well if you get really desperate, I'm sure some of us Aussies wouldn't mind having you over so you can get your horsey fix :p
Haha that's a very sweet and compassionate offer :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Nice! Hope it goes well!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
More like where am I!

He's back in Maryland happy as a horse can be with two ladies riding him and spoiling him.

I moved to New Zealand since I'm sadly still dependent on my family and he got pulled here to help them with radios as they are all outdated and not earthquake ready. :/
I'm sure he misses you just as much as you miss him! everytime he hears someone coming I bet his ear perk up and he thinks "MOM!?*hopeful expression*" and when it's not you he sighs "Oh....you have a treat? well I suppose you'll do then"

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sure he misses you just as much as you miss him! everytime he hears someone coming I bet his ear perk up and he thinks "MOM!?*hopeful expression*" and when it's not you he sighs "Oh....you have a treat? well I suppose you'll do then"
Thank you, I needed to read that :)

·
Banned
379 Posts
One thing you could do is send him some kind of "care package". Like his favorite treats or something.

Of course I know nothing on shipping costs and what can be shipped.

Or even have his caretakers take pictures of him and write letters to you about how he's doing. It'd give you something to look forward to and you'd know how he's doing.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone that's responded, sorry if I didn't quote you. I appreciate every comment!

One thing you could do is send him some kind of "care package". Like his favorite treats or something.

Of course I know nothing on shipping costs and what can be shipped.
That's a great idea :) Maybe order via US websites, ship it to the barn with a note or whatnot. Thanks!

As for the pictures.. I had a deal arranged with the barn manager who is keeping her word, but everyone else who promised to do this and that haven't.. which is kind of a let down. But at least I got a few pictures this past week

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Thank you, I needed to read that :)
no problem! I like cheering people up and to be honest I also like "translating" for horses or speaking on their behalf...non horse people think I'm crazy!

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So an update....

Sky apparently had a horsey melt down.. he hasn't been ridden as much as promised and he probably thinks I've abandoned him and questioning why he can't go out in the field yet as it's getting warmer.

But the situation is being rectified but I still feel absolutely helpless and I miss him so much. Haven't been in a saddle in over a month but continuing to find ways to keep myself busy and physically active.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
That sucks. I am sure he will be ok :)

Have the volunteer opportunities gone ahead?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.