The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm Mel. I've had horses my whole life, done everything from fox hunting, trail riding, hunter/jumper, AQHA etc...
I'm 49 years old, currently have 5 equines - 3 big guys and 2 ponies.
Montie is my retired best friend. Ziggy is my new trail horse, and Boo is my daughter's little appy. The ponies are Buddy and Diva. I've included pictures of all of them in "my barn" - plus the other horse on my property - a little gaited guy who belongs to my friend. I have only ridden once in the past year, due to health, but hope by fall I will be strong and healthy enough to hit the trails.

I have a non-horsey husband, 2 college age daughters, one herding dog, Mikey 2 house cats Luna and Whittle and one barn cat (BC) that everyone adores.

I thank God for pulling me through the past year, healing me and letting me have such wonderful family and pets. Jesus has saved me in so many ways.

Laughter is the best medicine.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome, sounds like you are quite busy! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy, yep I keep very busy. I gave the Zigster a bath this morning... I used a LOT of whitening shampoo... hope his legs and mane are white - I'll have to go check.. of course within 20 minutes of being put back out, he will be at least ankle deep in the pond. *rolls eyes*

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cakemom - I'm wwwwwaaaay up north in Mississippi... 15 minutes from the Memphis International Airport... Louisiana ? - That's where I got my appy - in Alexandria.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, and no... my husband will NEVVVER you hear me NEVER be horsey. We've been together 35 years... he got on Montie one time, and that did not go well... that ended that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts