The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out I have it :( I also may or may not have given it to my boyfriend :/ anyone else ever had it? How bad does it suck?

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I had it. It was miserable. To be fair though, I had the flu, strep, and mono all one after the other so it was a bit worse than it should have been.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I had mono. And I'm not gonna lie, it sucked. :/

Get well soon!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. I'm really not too happy about it. I hate being tired all the time.

·
Registered
411 Posts
k embarassing question here, whats mono again? :oops:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mononucleosis. "the kissing disease" (though that's not how I got it) it a virus transmitted through saliva that's pretty contagious. It makes you fell very exhausted and run down, and takes approximately 4 weeks to be completely wipes from your system. You're contagious the whole time and the only way to know for sure if you have it is through a blood test.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Rough, get better soon :-|

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
I had it when I was 8 or so. I don't remember it too well other than I was very very sick. I could hardly move I was so tired. Blinking took effort. My best advice is to have someone make you eat and drink - even if it's just a few sips of smoothie, you need it. I lost a lot of weight while I was sick - weight I couldn't afford to lose, but I was so tired and so drained I didn't have the energy to eat or drink properly.
I hope it doesn't hit you as hard as it did me, and that you recover quickly!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. JDI, yeah, I'm hoping I don't get quite that sick. Luckily I got it over winger break, so hopefully I won't have to miss any school.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I had it back in June and its now relapsing :(
I started feeling bad at the start of Dec and finally went to the doctors. Thanks to mono, my doctors canceled my back surgery and now I have to wait till Jan for more blood work. Iv lost 12 pounds :/

MONO SUCKS ! ...I have no clue where I got it from

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hah, 4 weeks.. my immune system was wiped from 7th grade through 11th grade! I'm a senior now, and just now getting any hint of an immune system!

The thing with Mono is that you will ALWAYS test positive with it. The only reason they knew I had Mono is that they did a test in 6th grade.. I was negative.. and 7th, I was positive. She said a lot of people are 'tricked' into having Mono because they test positive, when they could have had it when they were 5.

It definitely sucks though.. I had strep TWENTY times my 7th grade year!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow. Twenty times?!!?!? But yeah, we know I have mono cause I've been feeling sick for a week and a half or so and the doctor couldn't figure out what it was. Then I found out that I was sharing a drink at work about a month ago with someone who had mono so I got tested. Lo and behold, I tested positive! :[

1 - 13 of 13 Posts