The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have my very grouchy mare on Mare Magic, an unfortunately I'm not getting the results that I desire. I'm fine with that. I understand that I wont get the same results that everyone else will. I'm curious about what other peoples success supplements are. Shadow is a 16 yr old AHPA mare. She is in good health, so no pain problems that are contributing to the moodiness. I'm looking for something that i can order online that way I wont have any problem procuring it.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
35,686 Posts
Mare Magic is just raspberry Leaves which are high in Magnesium, a mineral that does impact a horses behavior and can help calm and focus a horse that's diet is lacking in it but the levels in each pack you buy can vary according to where and when harvested and so not reliable. In research trials it was found to not have any effect on hormone levels
You can try an actual magnesium supplement but understanding why your mare is bad tempered would be a priority. Ulcers can be easily missed and a less stoic horse will often be more affected by them than another
Mares can have ovarian cysts that will make them permanently bad tempered
If its only happening when she's in season and causing a real problem then Regumate might help

·
Registered
396 Posts
SmartMare: Harmomy by smartpak works. I don't personally have a mare, but there is this gelding at my job who is on it lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts