The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the pics up, figured I'd share. She's got this laying down thing mastered, haha. My issue right now is not letting her go down before I cue her! I know we discussed laying her down towards me, but quite frankly, she's just happy doing it this way, I see no reason to change it. She's not flailing, she's not nervous, she's content to lay down, and I'm able to easily step out of the way because she's so good at it now, so I'm not messing with it. I wouldn't advocate it to people, but it's the method I'll continue using as I feel I have more then adequete experience to know where I need to be to avoid danger. Anyway, enjoy!

And a little video of me being able to cue her.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
lol I love the little mini in that 3rd pic "uuuuh...where's my treat?"

I second the 'popping up" feeling, I think Ice just doesn't know how to relax.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's actually why I'm not concerned about which direction she's laying down in. I realize it was my own fault in doing it wrong the first time, but now she does it so fast and she's so content to stay down, I'm not worried about any flailing hooves because she's panicking about going down. We're past that stage, but obviously I will be aiming for doing it right if I'm in another situation like this.

She just continues to shock me with how accepting she is of everything. She just has no fear of humans in her, she's just willing to trust you 100% of the time to keep her safe. It's quite humbling! I don't think my beloved Zierra trusts me as much as Jynx does and we've been together for 11 years, since she was born! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.