The Horse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some pictures and a video from hacking around today. Borrowed a friend's dressage saddle. Seems to fit Zeus just fine, but watching this video I don't like the position the saddle puts me in. Ah well, wanted to try it out. Not to mention that my stirrups seemed to be a hole or two too short. Ha ha. :lol: I look much better in my normal saddle. So we'll be sticking with mine for now.

Just hacked around today. Transitions down from the canter to the trot and immediately back up into it again, trotting nice and forward, and lots of figure eights and serpentines that aren't on the video because my stupid camera died.

Anyway, here's the pictures!

Looking cute.

Yes, I'm tacky.

He's so handsome!

His neck is looking so much better. Guess I'm doing something right!

Video will be added later.
:]

·
Registered
475 Posts
Handsome boy!!!!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
What a big boy! love his size, great looking gelding :D

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Thanks! Now that he's gained a bit of weight and muscle I think he's starting to look more like his warmblood side than his thoroughbred side. :D

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
As promised, here's the video! Wasn't asking him for anything, just testing out the saddle, so no critique please.
:]

Side note: In the canter part I DID ask him to come back down to a trot, we were practicing dropping down into a trot and than picking up the canter again right away. We're notoriously bad at downward transtions from the canter, so we practice a lot.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Small bump for the video. (I'll admit it's not a very interesting one though, ha ha.)

And I'm gonna have riding pictures (hopefully) tomorrow! Woo!
Not just more videos from a fence post.
:D

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Awwww...he's just as adorable as ever :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts