The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so it's a pretty basic part of riding, get on, get off, you can't ride if you can't mount!
I have a problem though.

My current pony is just that a PONY. I can mount my 16.1 hh monster from the ground, so I should be able to mount her from the ground- and I can... but it always ends a mess. I don't know if it's her shape, but when mounting the saddle tends to slip no matter how tight it is and it's VERY ANNOYIG :evil:

Does anyone else have this problem?

I know the saddle fits, I've fitted it, her actual owner has fitted it, and a trainer friend of my mom's has looked at it, but even when I used to ride at a lesson barn some of the ponies just ALWAYS had this problem.
How do you solve it!? Honestly, I don't want to be on show grounds and have to use a mounting block on a 14 hh pony so that her saddle doesn't slip, that'd look kinda... silly. And in some of the classes you're asked to dismount and remount in the ring, so the option of someone holding the opposite stirrup isn't there...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kashmere: I do! I try anyway... Blah. I need to try harder, I've never had this problem with my boy.

Darkwillow: And that's the funny thing, she's not fat AT ALL! Aha, but yeah, I'll try that... and practise better weight distribution and what not. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.