Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone :)
I'm moving to Calgary in a few months, and since horses are a huge part of my life, I'd like to continue riding there, but I know nothing about the barns there, does anyone know of any where they give lessons?

I don't have my own horse, I'm okay at riding, done some jumping too, but nothing major - I don't plan on doing shows or anything big.

I ride english, but I'd love to try western too, so either is okay I guess.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
9,746 Posts
Do a search on Spruce Meadows in Calgary. And that is just a 'tip of the iceberg,' so to speak.

You are moving to a very horse-oriented place. Cutting, reining, polo, jumping, dressage... take your pick. And have fun.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That place looks amazing, but it's so fancy, I was hoping for a smaller barn kind of thing maybe? I've only been able to find huge show jumping schools so far online

Reactions: boots

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Try checking out some barns at Bragg Creek or towards Cochrane. You could also look north towards Airdrie. All should be a reasonable drive depending on what part of the city you live in.

·
Super Moderator
9,746 Posts
That place looks amazing, but it's so fancy, I was hoping for a smaller barn kind of thing maybe? I've only been able to find huge show jumping schools so far online
You will.

Koolio gave great ideas. Feed stores will likely have some suggestions. Tack shops. Anyplace where horse people congregate.

Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here is a link you may find helpful Find Alberta Stables You might also want to google Alberta Horse Industry and Northern Horse too, along with Alberta Equestrian Federation. It's been too many years since I've lived in that area that I can't recommend any stables but you might get some leads from the above spots I've mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.