The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading about mtg and someone said if you put your horse out in the sun before it dries it will bleach...does it mean that you can't let your horse out in the sun while using it.... i don't have a barn to put my horses into so would they be alright or what????

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I've been using it on a black pasture horse to treat a bit of rain rot and havn't seen any fading at all and I've used quite a bit.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you use it when it's too hot out (obviously not now) it can burn their skin if they are in direct sunlight with it on. I've never heard of it bleaching their hair though!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I've been using it on a black pasture horse to treat a bit of rain rot and havn't seen any fading at all and I've used quite a bit.
It's not bleaching you should worry about, it's burns. If applied to pink skin, in the sun, there have been signs precautions on the bottle, of possible burns. I used it all the time on my black gelding all the time. Never had problems.

·
Registered
496 Posts
i have used it on my black mare but she got really sun bleached. but i dont think it was from the mtg.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have a question.... I have a grey (very light coloring, silver mane some silver in tail, white coat and "black skin) TB who has a horrid tail (either rubbed out, chewed off, or is just like that), It is pretty thick (up top) for a TB tail, but it is just so short! Would I have to worry about burning? He doesnt have any pink skin (that I know of), all dark grey/black skin. =]

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I use MTG sometimes on my two horses... I'm always careful about the time of day I apply it to their mane and tail... They're pasture horses, so I only put it on them as the sun is setting and have never had any problems with anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts