The Horse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Why is she jumping @ 25? I dont know anything about her...maybe shes in great condition...but it just seems old to jump. but WOW!!!! she sure can jump!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah she only jumps 2-2'6 max. and she actually is in great condition for being 25... everyone asks me how old she is and are very suprised.
shes never been lame, and i just recently retired her from gymkhana.
now shes gonna stick to pleasure. but she loves to run and jump...
when i have a jump in the middle of the arena shell just go over to it and jump it haha

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My dad had a 35 year old gelding. Acted like he was a youngster too. We did gymkhanas on him, albeit slower then he used to (was a national champion barrel racer in his younger days), jumped him over low stuff, up till the day we had to put him down due to colic. He was old enough that he was born pitch black, and when we put him down, he looked like he had white legs, and a whitish face, which was all just grey hair coming in. Kudos to you for keeping her active. IMO, old horses get such a rap for not being able to do anything partly because the owners decide to retire them when they reach their late teens, and then the horse just looses interest in life. If we tried to retire my dads horse, he would have gone insane.

·
Registered
755 Posts
That's awesome! Dream has no idea she's that old either, she keeps up with my 9 year old like you wouldn't believe LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts