The Horse Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
He has a sweet face... it will be so fun to earn his trust and train him! Are there books out there on how to work with a wild horse? I would like to read them as well- I bet his senses are heightened compared to a domestic bred horse. Oh, and what is his name?

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No name yet. There are some, I don't know any names though. Right now I'm reading the power of positive horse training saying yes to your horse by Sarah Blanchard
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
315 Posts
He's really beautiful, I think you made a great choice. He has a very balanced and muscular look.
Good luck with training him! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

·
Banned
9,470 Posts
As this is your first horse and you are going to keep him at home, I just don't think this is a smart choice. Sorry that this is not what you want to hear. But I think a wild mustang is a bad choice for a first home. Do you have the 7' fencing they require?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think this is a great experience for you. If you run into problems the BLM would have names of people in your area that can help you also. I have adopted 6 horses from the BLM and love every one. Each has their own quirks. Sit in his stall, read to him, talk to him, he will come around. He should be showing a little curiosty about you now. It just takes time. Be patient. And congrats, he is very nice looking. He will grow up to a beautiful boy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm a little late,But congrats on the Mustang. I work with BLM mustangs a little(broke & rode one today.)To me they are a great horse,But you must understand they are a wild animal,not the pasture pets that has been around people,auto's, family pets all their lifes.So respect that.
A young Mustang will some times bond with one person a lot like a German shepard dog will do.
So to start do not let just one person tend to it. they seem to bond to a woman or child the most.Take your time with him & you will have many years of enjoyment with him.
Oh by the way, I didn't see any thing about him that was bad,Fine looking horse,,,,

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
congrats!!!!!! hes a cutie... i mean a handsome one

21 - 32 of 32 Posts