The Horse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
BEAUTIFUL! I love everything about him! Look at the feathering on his legs. Beautiful horse!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Oh waw, I am in complete :shock:

He is beautiful!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
He is gorgeous, well handsome really..... I was wondering, what do you do with him?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
He's gorgeous!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your comments, I think he is pretty special too! I ride him - my instructor will be starting him in ridden show classes this season, we hope to do some walk/trot dressage tests this summer. I'm also breaking him to drive, hopefully to harrow the sandschool (cos his feet make a bit of a mess!) pull some logs and when I have the money, a trade cart :wink:

Basically because shires are at risk here, I want him to demonstrate just how versatile they can be - obviously we won't be jumping, cos he is 18.2hh and weighs nearly a ton, so it would have too much impact on his skeletal frame, but if well schooled, supple and balanced, there's no reason why he can't do everything else...and he is built uphill, has fantastic huge paces and is a brilliant and very comfortable ride, as well as being a darling on the ground! :D:clap:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Wow! I think I just drooled...
I what you mean by keeping his feathers clean. Its not fun but when they are cleaned up they are stunning.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
eep, he's gorgeous!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Wow! He is stunning! Am very jealous!

·
Registered
790 Posts
He's a stunning and handsome boy you've got there! I'd LOVE to see some video footage of your training with him, curious to see how he moves - I'm a draft lover having a Clydie cross myself! How old is he? :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's his birthday next month (carrot cake coming up!) and he will be eleven, so hopefully coming into his prime, as he is still quite green, in a nice and unspoilt way :wink: I'll try and get some video of my instructor riding him, as he gets a lovely tune out of him...and everyone who rides him ends up smiling :D:D:D

·
Registered
755 Posts
Gorgeous horse!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts