The Horse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my boy here cannot figure out what color he wants to be. His papers are buckskin but as he is shedding out.. hes decided to change to quiet a few different colors... Im excited to see what color he turns into :) the greyish color is his new one.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
Wow! he is such a gorgeous gelding*cough*!
I wonder if he's a smokey buckskin? Is there even such a thing? lol He is really cute, either color.

·
Registered
683 Posts
He wants to be like the horse in Wizard of Oz!

and that's kinda unnecessary, thunderhooves.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Wow he really can't make up his mind can he! He's a pretty boy and I really like the ash-like colour =D
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
would he be considered a smutty buckskin perhaps? I'm not sure...I think he's still got too much winter coat there to really tell!

I've got a filly who seemed to be going grey, but as she's shedding out this spring, seems to be staying roan after all...atleast for this year; she's got alot of white hairs around her eyes though, so I'm wondering how many years she'll actually maintain her roan coloring, hahaha

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
He's very handsome!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
My Saro did that same thing when she was young. At one time I thought she was going to be a palomino her body went so light.
I'm a sucker for a buckskin so I think he's gorgeous no matter the finished product. Er unless he goes bay :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
His papers are right he is a buckskin. Some can get darker but with age is when they really fade out and look nice. I prefer the buckskins that have the smokier color like your boy does. He is pretty and will change colors a few times he looks really young so he has time to get it figured out. Also it can be a horses diet when they start changing colors.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Coming two? That's like my friend's stud colt. She's going to do some light training this summer and next year really start working him. If she doesn't sell him that is. Have you decided what to train him for?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts