The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So..I was in an accident where I flipped my car last february. Since then, I have never been able to keep my seat a the canter. My butt had soo much air time in the strides and not only did I have no control over my legs (I'd brace against the stirrups as well), I had no control over the horse, especially if it wasn't already finished or liked to give it's opinion.

Well, on my wednesday ride to our new barn, I FOUND MY SEAT!!! I am sooo excited, I forgot how great it felt to stay with the horse and have control of my legs and the horse (even though Alhna bolted and I did lose control, but that's not the point).

Alahna still has issues at the canter and constantly tries to take off, so now I can finally help her balance herself and get her working correctly.:)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Great job!!! I'm very excited for you too :)

I recently found my seat (and confidence) with canter too. My horse has also taken to bolting...but it's slo-mo bolting

·
Registered
812 Posts
How exciting :). It's great to feel like you're in sync with your horse.. Thankfully Reggie has a smooth lope so I don't need to worry much.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.:)
I don't even know what Alahna's bolt is..she's going great and then she just takes off like she's back at the track. I wish I had somewhere where I could just let her keep going and make her stay there when she wants to slow down, but I don't have anywhere to do that. Soo, not sure how I'm going to fix it, but atleast I can attempt to do something where I was just a passenger xD

Her lope isn't very smooth and it's already fast before she takes off..But, atleast we have progress! I need to stop complaining that she still bolts and be glad I finally found my seat after a year, haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.