The Horse Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Retired breeder
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beautiful colt! Are you going to keep him and show him or sell him?
I bred and raised the mare. I sold her to some friends of mine. The filly will be for sale.
I still think of the mare as mine, she was my favorite daughter of my Cat stallion.

The filly's sire is Mr Rem N Cool by Reminic. Of course the dam is by my High Brow Cat son, Cats and Cream. She is out of Zimafina Taylor, by Doczim Two D Two by Doc's Zimfandel.

·
Registered
Retired breeder
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow Zim some big names in that linage!
Thank you for recognizing some of the names!
The mare is the result of one family's breeding, over a hundred years. The last 41 were of my breeding.
As I have said quite often, I am very picky about what I use, and what I won't.
The Reminic stallion belongs to my friends.
The High Brow Cat stallion is mine. He's out right now with a group of very select mares. We are really excited about next spring!
Zimafina Taylor was a mare we chose to keep for our own use. She was such a good producer for us! Loved that mare.
Doczim Two D Two was a true weekend warrior. We got him when he was an 8 year old. From that point on, he was shown nearly every weekend during the season. He was shown in everything from the Open to the Junior Youth, and won it all.
He of course, was by AQHA CH, AQHA World Ch Junior Cutting Horse, PCCHA Futurity Ch Doc's Zimfandel by Doc Bar.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
When I saw the Doczim Two D I knew the Doc Bar was there and I thought maybe the Two stood for some Two-eyed Jack connection. Gosh the whole cutting world knows the Cat name very well known for having superior cutting blood. Love to have one but, they are way out of my league. Everybody has heard of High Brow Cat and Mettalic Cat. Congrats on having such fine animals!

·
Registered
Retired breeder
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
When I saw the Doczim Two D I knew the Doc Bar was there and I thought maybe the Two stood for some Two-eyed Jack connection. Gosh the whole cutting world knows the Cat name very well known for having superior cutting blood. Love to have one but, they are way out of my league. Everybody has heard of High Brow Cat and Mettalic Cat. Congrats on having such fine animals!
Thank you!!
Zim's dam was by Two D Two, who was the sire of Two Eyed Jack. We had her the last couple years of her life. What a neat mare! She had the fastest walk of any horse I've ever put a foot over!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts