The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today -November 8, 2010- My first horse Flicka was put down at the age of 32. She was such an amazing horse and will be greatly missed. When we bought her we were also leasing another horse for me to ride, named Ford. She was the meanest horse I had ever met, and I'm pretty sure she had been abused quite a bit. She would try to roll over me when I was on her, would bite me, kick out, and just about any other nasty trick you could think of. I would not have gotten on another horse again after that if it had not been for Flicka. She built my courage back up. If we didn't have her, I probably wouldn't be riding today. We were so blessed to have this beautiful little mare in our lives for the past 6 years. I don't know what I will do without her. RIP Flicka Girl
Horse Mammal Mane Stallion Mare

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Hair Mane

·
Registered
333 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry that's so hard to lose a horse...she sure was cute.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Her name fits her well. I'm sorry for such a loss. Our horses grow closer to us the more we are with each other and this horse was 32 years old. This horse must've had such a great bond and life with you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The blessed horses

So sorry that your horse Flicka had to be put down, but your story is a good one because Flicka had the opportunity to share the last years of her life with someone who truly cared about her. I’m guessing that many horses blessed enough to make it to age twenty-five probably aren’t so lucky to find a new owner at that age.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.