The Horse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we signed the bill of sale for my new horse. He’s my first very own horse. I had a horse with my father in Germany and now after buying a house in the USA and having the right barn and trainer I’ve started getting back to riding. So we decided it’s the Right time for my own horse.
He’s a four year old black Arabian just a cm below 15 hands. He’s been gelded Wednesday.
He’ll be transported to my trainers barn for boarding and training in 25 days.
I want to journal his progress here. ( don’t know if Im in the right area of the Forum ) he has been trained in groundwork so far. He’s a very sweet, calm boy.
Im in love with him and so happy.
Here he is today with my daughter
12DF2FD6-D556-418A-A5A8-41FD58374549.jpeg

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
He is gorgeous! And your daughter looks ecstatic. I wish you much success on your horse owning venture and look forward to reading about it in your journal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He’s finally in our home town barn. The transport went super well. He loaded easily and was calm during the drive. He went out the trailer at our barn and you could hear multiple „wow“s from people. Our boy looks surely impressive. So elegant.
He’s been home now for two days and he’s just amazing. He settled right in. We didn’t expect it to go so well.
When I come to him he leans his head against my forehead. I’m in love with him.
0AF59F1E-6584-4461-B68D-18EED41A00F4.jpeg

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
I am so happy everything went well with his gelding and moving him!

He is beautiful - I love his head:):)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I concur! So what’s his name now?
Im not sure yet. I was set on Govan but my husband doesn’t want that name because the book where I got the name from that character is very evil. His father has to kill him in the end to protect the world.
But I still love that name.
I’ll have to think about it more.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
But I still love that name.
If you love the name, then look at it a different way. It's been around for at least a thousand years before the character in the book. It's from the Brittonic language, meaning 'land of the smiths' an area where artsians had workshops.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He’s been such a good boy today, just like always. I’ve started groundwork on my own with him. I honestly never felt completely confident with a horse. I’d often get a bit scared that it would overpower me, hurt me accidentally or something. I always needed someone around just in case.
I feel completely confident with my baby and I have no fear around him. He is so calm.
When I come Thom he puts his forehead on my forehead and just rests there. He sniffs me and then his neck rests on my shoulder with his head resting against mine. I never had such a connection with a horse. This is special. It’s so much more than I hoped for. I truly value just spending time with him. Of course the goal is to ride him someday but I feel no rush. He’s a great friend and just spending time with him on the ground is so amazing and he gives so much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts