The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for comments.. maybe a very gentle critique. I know he isn't perfect, but I adore him. It took me about 6 months to find the right one, and now I am glad I waited!

Sadly, he isn't registered but we got his teeth checked and he is right at 12/13 years old. He is an appaloosa gelding.

He can run 6-7 seconds in speed, and 15-16 second barrels.

Sweet as can be, very "in your pocket." He loves to give kisses and is very interested in anything in your hands. Although this is cute now I am careful of it becoming a problem..

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!! He is actually very crisp white, but it's hard to keep him clean so he appears butter colored.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I think he is also, very pretty! He moves pretty good too. It looks like, to me, that his saddle is placed pretty high up on his withers though, I'd watch that a little bit, because eventually, when there is a lot of pressure applied to the withers from the saddle placed that far up, the hairs will turn white which means that the pressure has damaged the hair folicle and also probably causes pain and lasting nerve damage in that area. I hope I don't sound to harsh, just giving some advice.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hes a cutie. I just wanted to give you a shout. I'm not SURE of this, I watched the trot video on my tiny netbook screen so it was really hard to tell, but it seems like you're posting on the wrong diagonal. Hes adorable though! Get to running some barrels!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone!!

I'll have to check the saddle out, thanks for the heads up!

and I'm such a freak about diagnols, I am definitely on the right diagnol haha. When his right front goes out, I go up. I rode english for a very long time before I rode western.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I LOVE the last pic in your first post!....what an adorable face! He looks like a cuddler. Nothing wrong with taking your time to find the right horse (spoken from someone who does not have the "right" one and is debating what to do about it!....:oops:). If you love him to pieces and you work well together, that's what matters!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Chesterh- I think it just looks like she is posting wrong because of her jacket flappin up like that, if you look closely, she is posting on the right diagonal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone!

He is definitely a cuddler!! I couldn't imagine loving an animal anymore than I adore him. I miss him so much while I'm in class!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Congrats on your new horse. He looks like an absolutely sweetheart.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I guess what confuses me is that I was always taught to post up on the outside leg. To me (which again, the video is tiny) it looks like your up on the inside leg. You said you're coming up on his right leg, but you're tracking to the right, so you should be coming up on his left leg.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I am definately not trying to be condescending. I may have misunderstood or am misinformed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.