The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my very first riding lesson yesterday on my very first horse! I got Gypsy a month ago from a friend who hadn't ridden her in about 2 years due to surgery. Gypsy was feeling fresh and was not wanting to listen to me and tried trotting off through the bit a couple of times. Her antics made me nervous and I know it shows. I need to learn to breathe and relax. So anyway, tell me what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
good job! you look good. Just keep your hands up and educated!
Also this is an abioss question but are you riding english... cnat make out what type of saddle your using?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a European Patrol Saddle and very comfy! I've only ridden western, so this is a whole new world to me...lol! I need to learn how to post as well, her trot is very bouncy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Oh ok you look good if its toobouncy for now got in to your 2point...i sometimes ride a very bouncy horse and it helps! the nswich between 2pt and stiiing an posting!! KEEP A RYTHEM!

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
^ Yes she is riding english. :)

Anyways for the OP.
Good job for your very lesson :) Don't lift your hands up to much.... keep your thumbs up.
anyways good job.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the encouragement!! I was so nervous that I forgot to breathe a couple of times.....not good at all! My instructor is going to put me on a lunge line on one of her been-there-done-that horses to teach me how to post. Gypsy is so wide that it will be hard to learn on her, I can't get up off her fat back! LOL!

·
Registered
303 Posts
ahahha you crack me up Princess!Good lunge line lessons are veery good..heck i still even have then time to time....trust me the girl i ride is soo young and energetic your lucky you can switch to a school master and learn... I had to work with the mare to get her ok with unbalanced and posting with a person on her on the lunge line... hehehe thats a good way to fall off! O IM DONE TALKING ABOUT ME NOW ON TO YOU!!!

Your guys are a cute team you look like you will go very very very far...OH YEAH DONT FORGET TO BREATH YOU NEED TO LIVE.. Breathing is Essential to LIFE... LOL i think im getting hyper off lemon-aid....
Be sure to post lots of pic of you and your horsie!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Doing a great job for a beginner^^
The horse is beautiful!
Im not going to bother about critique, plenty of other people will do it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Dont try to post if you cant.. if you can sit it do it. i have to iwht laddie because he does not like my posting. she is too cute too. good luck and keep us posted on how you guys do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.