The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the waiting, planning and worrying, my Shyanne has finally arrived!

It took quite a while for us to get the fencing done, the run in built and everything ready for her, but we did it and she's here.

The lady I bought her from brought her up, it was an 8 hr drive and such a hot day, but she arrived safe and sound.
She was hot and tired, but after a night's rest, she's doing great.
She's still a little jumpy, but she's starting to relax already. I know she misses her other horse friends right now, but I think she's adjusting quite well, watching the chickens and getting used to being the only horse around.

She's going to get all the attention from both my husband and I, whereas when she was at her past home, the lady said she'd get lost in the shuffle of horses. She just didn't have the time for her that she deserved.

She's such a good girl though, quiet and easy to handle, we are going to love having her around.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
she's gorgeous although if she gets lonely and yearns for horsie company you could always consider taking in a boarder. your girl would have some company and you'd get a bit of extra cash. anyways, she's gorgeous.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Glad she made it home safely. What are you plans with her? I'm sure she'll settle down some more for you, just give her time. Looking forwards to seeing more pictures to :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
She is stunning. Time will fix her missing her equine friends, my old man lost his equine mate of 6 years last September. It took a bit of time to adjust but now he is just fine. Give her heaps of grooming time and I used to spend heaps of time in the paddock just wandering around with him. When he ate I also used to sit in his large feed bin reading a book for an hour or so. Have fun and she is beautiful. Congrats. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm, that's an idea, thanks.
I'm getting a couple of little Alpacas too, so she might find them rather amusing. lol

she's gorgeous although if she gets lonely and yearns for horsie company you could always consider taking in a boarder. your girl would have some company and you'd get a bit of extra cash. anyways, she's gorgeous.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to love her, hug her, kiss her, feed her and tell her what a beautiful girl she is, and we are going to go exploring lots of trails together. LOL
I'm 53 so I'm not looking for anything too strenuous or stressful. I will let her just be herself and see what happens.
And you can be sure there will be lots of pics ;-)

Glad she made it home safely. What are you plans with her? I'm sure she'll settle down some more for you, just give her time. Looking forwards to seeing more pictures to :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you. (all of you)
Both hubby and I have been grooming her, he's really taken to her as well. He wasn't in favor of me getting a horse at first, but he's really enjoying having her. He's out there making sure she has hay, giving her apple snacks and talking to her. I told him he'd better not steal my horse from me! LOL

That's exactly what we did this evening, we strolled around in the paddock, talking and she'd follow us for a while, come close for a touch, then break off and do her own thing, and we were very pleased with how she's doing.

She is stunning. Time will fix her missing her equine friends, my old man lost his equine mate of 6 years last September. It took a bit of time to adjust but now he is just fine. Give her heaps of grooming time and I used to spend heaps of time in the paddock just wandering around with him. When he ate I also used to sit in his large feed bin reading a book for an hour or so. Have fun and she is beautiful. Congrats. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.