The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Elle, 1997 Oldenburg mare
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A funny little story from today...

So, I taught my horse to wiggle her upper lip back on forth on my closed hand to ask me for a treat -- mainly because it's really really cute, and totally harmless, and gives her a fun way to communicate something to me. So why not! I've been doing this with her for about a year, and she has gotten really good at it!

I didn't feel like riding tonight, but it was gorgeous out, so I took her for a walk. When we stopped, she put her head down to look for grass, which hasn't sprung up yet... and wiggled her lip back and forth on the ground the same way -- to ask the ground for grass. And I diiiiiiiiied of cuuuuuuute. :LOL: 馃グ

Registered
Hilarious! I walked out to the back pasture last night and Rusty was so excited. We have no grass here. They won't be let out for another month. But he was looking at me, and looking longingly at the back pasture, like somehow, I could make the grass appear for him. They're so funny.

Registered
That is beyond adorable!
My friend Jim has a neighbor girl who taught his mare to give 鈥榢isses鈥 if she wanted a treat. Still trying to figure out how she did that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts