The Horse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show off my newest kids, they were born 2/18 and these were taken at 1 day. These are the very last kids by my buck Dallas who died about 4 months ago, sorry for the smudges, the back ground looked yucky and I thought I could make it look better, but I should have left it alone.

The second one is the one I'm keeping, hopefully I'll be able to get out and get new pics of him and my other keeper this year, Flower. I was partial to this one as soon as he was born! He reminded me the most of his dad, and even more of another kid by Dallas, Sage! From his very first kids, who was my all time favorite goat and I lost her just a few days before she turned 6 months. This boy is not as flashy as his dad, but he did get what color he has from him, and the thing I really love is just like his dad when looking from the back, his color splits (white on one side, color on the other)! I need one from directly behind, but this one from above sort of shows (although Dallas didn't have any white across his back, he was sort of like a frame overo)

Now of all the kids Dallas sired this is only the second one w/ the split color from the back thing, and guess who the other one was? Sage! (Ironically he only produced two sets of triplets, his very first and very last kids, he should have had a 3rd set (from the doe these guys are out of), but she aborted about 3 months along)

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Oh my gosh they are so adorable! I absolutely love the little brown and white one, the second one. Years ago, a friend of mine had baby goats and I can remember how adorable they were. They are darlings!

Cute!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Aww..adorable! I adore the coloring of the first baby! What kind of goats are they?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
SO CUTE! I have an adult goat. I love 'em!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are nigerian dwarfs, they call the color of the first and last one buckskin (I know, not anything like buckskin in horses).

Thank you everyone, I love them! I even love them when they're grown! I'm still waiting on one more doe to kid, she'll go on serious kid watch March 3, and I expect her to go between March 8-13. But no plans to keep any of hers. I'm watching her on my barn cam right now, she looks like a beach ball!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Aww..I love the nigerian dwarf. No wonder I am in love with your goats!! Wish I could find them around here.

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
There is absolutely nothing more adorable than a baby goat. Especially the dwarf breeds. :D

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
They are nigerian dwarfs, they call the color of the first and last one buckskin (I know, not anything like buckskin in horses).

Thank you everyone, I love them! I even love them when they're grown! I'm still waiting on one more doe to kid, she'll go on serious kid watch March 3, and I expect her to go between March 8-13. But no plans to keep any of hers. I'm watching her on my barn cam right now, she looks like a beach ball!
How neat! I would love to have had a barn cam when I bred my miniatures. Congrats again! do you have names for them yet?

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
They are so adorable! I want to just take that last one home! SO cute!!! You are lucky to have goats!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thank you for sharing! I love the goaties! That third one is so cute! I've got two weed eaters here. They are full sized Alpine/Nubians.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've not settle on names yet, but I've got some ideas, just narrowing it down. One may be being named by his new owner. I do have some big goats to, two nubian wethers, one LaMancha wether, and one very old boer doe. But mostly I've got the littles. I do LOVE having the barn cam, it sure saves me alot of trips out to the barn, and it's kind of fun to watch them playing and see how they act when I'm not out there.

Here are some pics I took today, just of the two keepers,
The new boy w/ my keeper doe A2Z Acres Mighty Flower,

And butting heads w/ Mocha, my keeper from last year, not sure if she's happy to have younger kids to play w/, or mad that she's not the baby anymore,

And chewing on Flower's ear while she's trying to eat,

I'm glad you all enjoyed them, I love showing them off!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Wow! I'm glad it's warm enough for your does to kid there, breeders around here have been losing little ones like crazy. Your boy's conformation looks great! :D. I have Boers, so don't know much about the dwarfs, but too cutee!

These are my two boers, left is Riot my up coming buck, right it Pow my 75% wether. I also have a Nubian wether and a pygmy grade buck :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Riot looks like he's had his head buried in the snow! Cute! I almost named one of my kids this year Riot, that's a really good goat name! I have one boer, she's really old, she's just enjoying her retirement.

It's not to bad here, I did lose some kids (first time ever), but it had more to do w/ me not being there. We've actually had some pretty nice days, today would be nice if it wasn't for the wind. I did bring these lastest kids inside for their first night, it was a really nice day when they were born to, but it got really cold at night.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts