The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, I rode Boyce yesterday :) and it was really wierd cause the school we were in was quite deep kinda thing, and a bit uneven, so made it harder for me. But I have this thing of tipping forward and my leg comes back, which unbalances me and then i cant trot on properly :( Its a working progress, and it'll take time I know that. I also still have the big confidence issue and i dont know how long its going to take :( but the song i used on the video (below this) really sums up how i feel at the moment, with the lyrics and all :) and if anyone is going to ask, no i dont know why he's in the bit he is, i dont own him. but feel free to ask anything else :)

love for the horsey :)

xx

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I absolutely LOVE england. If I ever had the opportunity to move there, oh man would I in a heart beat. You guys have a beautiful country :D

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Cute pony! You have a big smile on your face, keeping that up will go a long way toward building confidence (seriously!). I can tell you right now a big part of the reason you're tipping forward and your lower leg slides back is because you're gripping with your knees. I know this because I do it myself! Are your inner thighs sore after you ride? That would be a big sign of this problem. What has really gotten me over it is lunge lessons. I feel more confident when on the lunge line and don't have to think about as much and thinking of having nice loose knees helps a lot. Also thinking about squeezing my calves as I sit (and trying to sit slowly) helps too. Good luck, you two make a cute pair!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cute pony! You have a big smile on your face, keeping that up will go a long way toward building confidence (seriously!). I can tell you right now a big part of the reason you're tipping forward and your lower leg slides back is because you're gripping with your knees. I know this because I do it myself! Are your inner thighs sore after you ride? That would be a big sign of this problem. What has really gotten me over it is lunge lessons. I feel more confident when on the lunge line and don't have to think about as much and thinking of having nice loose knees helps a lot. Also thinking about squeezing my calves as I sit (and trying to sit slowly) helps too. Good luck, you two make a cute pair!

Yeah I do :( But the next time I ride him, I'm riding out, and we're riding somewhere which is pretty much a long straight road/path, so it'll be lots of trot work to try and improve my position :)
thanks anyway :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am so stealing that horse! He's beautiful! I love the big chunky ones :)
Good luck and keep persisting with it, once you get the hang of it you'll wonder why you ever had trouble in the first place! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts