The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Congrats on your gorgeous wee colt!
I just love the markings on his nose in the last pic, very unusual!
Have you thought of any names yet?

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
you HAVE to post those on my thread in the contest forum for foal pics! He has to be in my vid! He's so cute!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Awwww! What a cute little guy <3

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
To sweet! Funny how the colors work, I thought my bay filly was alittle 'plain', but you know it really doesn't matter, she's perfect!

That said, I hope my mare Money has a loud flashy foal (colt)! She's minimal tobiano bred to a loud frame overo.

1,165 Posts
(Well I said it in the "live show" post, but I'll say it again now that I see this one....)

Congratulations on your brand new Colt! :clap:

Looks like they are both doing well, that is great.
Do you imprint your foals?

From that close up of his nose, you can kind of see some "appy" type freckling? Kind of like Daddy's nose. I like that lightening bolt shaped blaze as well, he is going to be a very handsome little man!

Have fun with him!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I have to say it's amusing to see what you got for color! comes to show you just never know how genetics will work out. What a stunner! I bet you that gorgeous little foal is going to have a lot of white on his legs. make sure to come post lots of pictures! gorgeous dam and sire by the way.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! :) I don't "imprint" them, but i"m there for the birth and handle them right away, but not like touching them everywhere and poking things in their ears or whatever the "imprinting" prodcedures are ;) This little guy I didn't do much with though, just toweled him off a little bit, did the iodine on the umbilical, and watched him. Yet he is super sweet and trusting, lets me pet him all over, rub his ears, ect :) Nice when they're not skittish!

I wasn't sure about leg white that first night, but now that he's dry and I can see better, his legs have a tannish color, so it's just the baby light fuzz and I don't htink he has any white markings other than his face. I can't tell if there's mottling on his muzzle or not,, it's very strange, which is why I took the muzzle shot, hoped I could see it better. It's just... odd... lol!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
congrats! i adore the size of their hooves. love his markings and colour! good luck with a name

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I fail at names, I need help!!!

I want to have the registered name first, then I can get a barn name out of that. I have 35 characters, including spaces. It MUST start with CheyAut so that's 8 including the space after it.

Pics in the photo section, but he's a chestnut colt, solid except a stripe that reminds me of a weed or flower.

Sire is C.J. Cameo's Royal Chianti, and dam is Freeman Hills Knights Painted Jewel (in AMHR, which is what the colt will be reg with... she has a diff AMHA name but Chianti isn't reg with AMHA yet, he has to be hardshipped which means I have to fly in a current AMHA steward, pay for all that person's expenses to have him measured, PLUS the fee is $1200... so that won't happen anytime soon!).

There are some things I'd like the name to have to do with. I will only consider names that deal with at least one, but more than one would be better (if you can manage all, that would be awesome!!!)

1. To do with his sire's name. He's one of my two breeding stallions, and this is his first foal, so I'd like to have part of his name in the colt's maybe (preferably the Chianti part). Dam's name could also be worked in, but doesn't matter as much to me as the sire's name.

2. The fact that dam is loud pinto, sire is loud appy, but the colt is a solid! LOL

3. He was born during the weekend of our big mini horse show here, the Touch of Class. Would be neat to work that into it.

Ok, have at it! Give me registered names please! If you have a barn name to go with the registered name, great! But I don't want only barn names, I need the registered name first ;)

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
oh my freaking gosh!!!!!! That is so ADORABLE!!! AHHHHH!! I haven't seen pictures this adorable in a long time! you are so fortunate!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
registered name: CheyAut Chianti Touch of Class
Barn name: Classy

1 - 20 of 55 Posts