The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so to start saturday i had a great ground work lesson with denny. i think i made some sort of step forward in handling his aggression when it comes to catching him. i have been using lavender herbs/spray and putting it on my hands and rubbing on his nose and it has helped tremendously to calming him.

because we finished on a strong high note i was way more confident then usual. sunday came along and i asked my mom if she would help me with moving some hay and she agreed. i had to catch denny as my mom would be going in the field with me (not safe lol). but because of yesterday i didn't hestiate with denny and he actually came to me. i could not believe it. after my mom saw that she asked if she could groom one of them. so i told her to choose between jessie or bailey. she said she would do both while i groomed lil red and denny.

so after i caught denny and tied him to the post i took my mom in and showed her how to catch them. we practiced leading for a bit. jessie was being a but head and had to have some manners corrections but afterwards was great. she took a big liking to that little arabian bailey.

she had her car down there, off of course but with the radio blasting ... and she spent 2 hours grooming bailey. she was so happy. so after i finshed denny we both took bailey and denny for a nice walk around the property. i let my mom follow for a bit then had her lead. she did absolute amazing.

she now keeps bugging me to take her down there so she can work with bailey..so to make it easier i seperated bailey and jessie into another field so she can have full access to them while i am not home.

so proud of my mom right now :)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you , me too :) i would love it if she got more into it plus bailey is infatuated with her...literally follows her everywhere :) such a sweetheart

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
How fun! Do you think you might get her to ride with you one day?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she wants to but she is nervous... considering her age plus not being around horses alot in a very long time have made her a bit nervous which is understandable... she wants me to give her more or less a pony ride on one of my horses to start lol... so maybe one day i will have a riding partner... :) which would be awesome especially since i love my mom :)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes they are... yesterday was the first time we both mutually had fun and weren't up eachothers nerves :) it felt amazing to bond with not only my horses but to have my mom bond with them as well, while also bonding with eachother... she has a different outlook now on them... they aren't just eating machines but are now something she can relate to :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.