The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

Bitter sweet news today. My mom called and told me we won't be getting Bronwen after all, she got severely injured on a feeder, fracturesd come vertebrae in her neck! She is supposed to make a fully recovery, because she is so young, but it's heart breaking because even though we haven't seen her in the flesh yet we were all anxiously awaiting her arrival to my moms ranch.

The breeder is a very very very kind woman, and she informed my mom she could have this colt instead of the injured filly, despite the contract saying that any injury that happened after 4 months of age would not void the contract.

We are excited for this colt, but really really sad about bronwen.... she had a place in our hearts already! :cry:

Colt- scarlettscolt
Bronwen- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Balidoll/bronwen15.jpg

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Oh my ....I am so sorry to hear that, I know that you guys were really excited about getting the filly.
Hope she will be ok and your Mom gets the new baby that she has been wanting. Hugs for everyone! Good Luck , keep us posted.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will, thank you! I get out of summer school just in time to go home and see him when he gets there :) I'm excited!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Awww so sorry to hear about the filly you were going to get. I have to say though, that colt is outstanding! You're so fortunate to have such a fantastic breeder you've been working with. Good luck with this new little boy.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
what a tough choice- both horses are fantistically beautiful!!! Maybe she can give you both?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Oh he's beautiful! But may I ask, why cant you have the filly once she's better?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She didn't want to give her up with an injury
because the filly may never be anything more than a boodmare because of the broken vertabae, in which
case she would be more useful to her breeder than to us. I'd love to hve both!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
5,892 Posts
Now that is one responsible breeder. You have found one of the good ones...they get more and more rare each day. You guys are so lucky! The colt is stunning and Im sure the filly will lead a great life also.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i like the filly but that colt is outstanding!! your very fortunate she is compensating you with something so beautiful

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know, my mom and I were both shocked that she would do that. Especially when the contract says anything that happens to the filly past her weaning date does not void the purchase. We'd have had to deal with possible problems that filly would have life long, bless her heart, and instead she is going to give us this handsome little fella AND make sure the filly has a forever home where she was born and never have to be passed from person to person because of her injury, like so many horses are.

Oh and my mom named him Rua Prionsa, which is Gaelic for "red prince" :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts