The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get everyone's opinion on her pedigree and prospects. I have no intention of breeding her, so don't worry. ;) I was wondering if I could have her double reg. with the AQHA and what that might cost, as I would like to have the potential of putting her in breed shows and that's not viable with the APHA since she is BS. I'll get some good confo pics of her this weekend and put them in this thread.

Here is her pedigree:

Sire - Skips Obvious Clue (by Obvious First Clue out of Skips Spanish Lace)

Obvious First Clue (by KO First Clue out of Son Dee Susie)
Skips Spanish Lace (by Skipa Star Jr out of Outshines The Moon)

Dam - Undeniably Cool (by Im Truly Cool out of Call me Patti)

IM Truly Cool (by Ima Cool Skip out of Tru Honey)
Call Me Patti (by Ratchett t out of Scotty's Call Girl)

If anyone knows who bred her I'd like the info. I've seen a few half siblings that seem to be doing well in the ring. The previous owner got her as a weanling, showed her in halter once where she got first, then made her a pasture pet.

She is 3, never bred. She has good confo, level topline, good legs, a nice hind end and with a TINY bit of work a Beautiful neck. Very pleasant to look at. I easily see a WP or HS horse if she doesn't come up with speed for poles or barrels (which I don't expect) She will look AMAZING when she is finished and tacked up IMHO, and I'm a bit of a confo nazi. I'll admit when a horse is ugly...and I feel trainabilty and attitude are slightly more valuable...

All opinions are welcome and pics will be up by Monday. Thanks!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Larry & Elaine Anderson of Sumner, IA bred your horse. They are listed as owner of record on aphaonline.com for both the sire & dam.

There are solid paint bred classes at the APHA shows. It is a viable option for you if you want to do breed shows. Illinois has some nice numbers for SPB classes at their shows. You will find a growing number of entries across the country.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! ^_^ I thought that was where she came from. Can't check the pedigrees since I got her Sat, and haven't joined the APHA yet.

Cool that I can attend APHA shows, I was under the impression that she had to have color. ^_^

Larry & Elaine Anderson of Sumner, IA bred your horse. They are listed as owner of record on aphaonline.com for both the sire & dam.

There are solid paint bred classes at the APHA shows. It is a viable option for you if you want to do breed shows. Illinois has some nice numbers for SPB classes at their shows. You will find a growing number of entries across the country.

·
Registered
987 Posts
It will probably cost you around $1000.00 this is what it was going to cost me to register my mare with them. She is also a registered breeding stock paint mare. On her papers there are only 3 paints the rest are QH. That didn't matter. You can call AQHA and find out but I think the price is still the same. You can show her in BS classes in APHA shows.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Oh, I can't wait to see some updated pictures of her. She is soooo skinny in the second picture, poor baby.

·
Registered
75 Posts
She looks really nice as a weanling. Put some weight on her and you should have a great looking 3 year old. I know that was a 2 year old picture....hope she looks better now! Shes got excellent breeding too. Would be worth registering her QH

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, right now she is nicely filled out and looking mature, not gangly like she did as a 2 year old. Tomorrow I shall post current pics. :)

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
She is cute, like her markings. So did you buy her then? or is she someone you are considering? Looking forwards to seeing more pictures :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
ok one wonderful halter bloodlines and yes you can dbl reg her it will be between 1-2k in aqha and at paint breed shows i thnk for spb horses classes are FREE

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.