The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new dunskin colt. We just got him today. He is yet to be named he is my first buckskin and first dun horse :). Hoping to maybe make him a barrel horse. He had a rough start in life he was really scraped up bitten and swollen when he was originally purchased at an auction luckily he was saved from his sad state and rehabilitated and now he is mine! Lil Jet already loves him I think he is glad to have a horse the same size and age lol. We're not exactly sure how old he is I think he is about 8 months old. Give me some name ideas I'm not sure what to name him. So far I've come up with Sundance and Jackpot.

·
Registered
130 Posts
He's gorgeous.. and lucky you rescued him. How about something with Luck in his name? I also like Charm.. he's really charming in that headshot.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's gorgeous.. and lucky you rescued him. How about something with Luck in his name? I also like Charm.. he's really charming in that headshot.
Oh I like Charming thats cute!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The lady that I bought him from bought him as the auction cause he was looked about half dead. That lady saved his life and now I can give him a good loving home :)

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Prince Charming?
Prince as a barn name?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I likr jack pot or charming personally i think prince is a little to common amd prince charming is as well. Charming jackpot sounds cool though.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I like sundance and jackpot a lot!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like prince charming! He's adorable by the way, he's going to be a real looker when he's all growed up:)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you! Can't do chance that's my cousins name that would be a lil weird. Too many chances lol.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I like the name Jackpot.. it's not too commonly used plus it's masculine. :) He's definitely going to be a looker, although he definitely has a head start on it.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm really surprised such a nice quality colt ended up the way he did. His Dunskin coloring isn't something you see all the time, he the first one I've ever seen besides the internet. Also he is built nicely too. The lady I bought him from said his legs were swollen to double the size, u can see if u look close all the cuts where different colored hair had grown back in. He had a gash on his head that went to the bone. But his tough times are over now he needs to get used to being handled more but he is such a sweety for a colt that almost died a few months ago.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This gash caused his eye to be swollen shut when he first went home this was down to the bone

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I decide to officially name him Jackpot.I put a blanket on him today he didn't even care.

Jet and jackpot taking a nap

Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: AnnaLover
1 - 20 of 23 Posts