The Horse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new horse! She's arriving in about a week, so I only have a handful of pics taken when we were meeting her. Seeing her in person, I was surprised that she's pretty sturdy at 14.2 hh (yes she's also a bit chubby after a year long break lol). She has pretty large hooves and larger knees, which is noticeable from the front. A big difference compared to the 14.3hh gaited horse I ride, which has hooves half the size lol. My guess is she is Quarter horse with American paint, but I feel like she might have something else in her too? Previous owners, who got her when she was 8, also are guessing quarter horse mixed with something else. I don't know if its just me, but I am getting a slight drafty vibe from her. Like a bit of Gypsy vanner? Only because there are gypsy breeders in the area. 🤔 Or maybe some mustang? I've seen some mustangs that look like her (note: I know mustang isn't technically a breed, so I guess it's something that we'll never know haha) I'm in love with this girl regardless, and she's gonna be awesome to ride! She has a super nice slow and smooth trot, which I was able to easily ride bareback!

Horse Sky Eye Vertebrate Working animal

Horse Sky Plant Ecoregion Fence

Horse Plant Vertebrate Working animal Liver

Horse Sky Plant Mountain Working animal

Horse Sky Plant Working animal Fence

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see the older style of stocky Quarter Horse in her genes.
Her paint could also be more of the stocky foundation bred than the longer and lanky build of many of today's refined breeding done to make it appear as something other than what it is...

Quarter Horse and obviously you have some paint genes cause of the markings.
Love the larger feet to support the stocky body...;)

Beautiful horse, enjoy being a new horse-owner.
🐴...
I think you're right! looked up some pics of foundation quarter horses, and she definitely has the same stockiness. And thanks! Super excited for when she comes home ❤

1 - 2 of 2 Posts