The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many of you know, i have been searching for a new horse for quite some time. I may have finally found the one! His name is Big Stanley aka Stanley. He is a 8 year old Appendix (QH/TB) 17 hands tall :shock: (well technically 16.3 and a half hands tall, with shoes on he is 17 hands lol) He is a big sweetie, loves treats, loves being brushed, loves attention and he loves to eat, i mean loves to eat, he is a piggy. I have him for a two week trial. Started the 24th to Februaruy 6th. So once i ride him i will decide wether or not i want him. The arena and round pen are absolute mudd puddles, so hopefully maybe this week or next week i can ride him, but i might not be able to hold off that long hehe. He is so calm and cool about everything. He literally walked right into his stall and started eating, didnt care about the other horses. Then today i took him out for a walk to check the place out and he didnt spook or snort at a thing, he acts like he has lived here his whole life. Im NOT asking for a critique, i know he is a little thin and needs muscling. His price is $900 and he is well worth it already. He is super well broke, came from a huge cattle ranch in Elko, Nevada. Then the person i am buying him from (she bought him last summer, so he has only had two owners), bought him and the only reason she is selling him, is her daughter is going to college and she is the one that mainly rides, and she cant afford board for two horses. I love this big guy already! Trust me, he is big lol. He has huge feet. So without further adue here is Stanley. He was quite the wiggle worm so the pics arent the best since i had no one to hold him, and he wanted to eat:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the last of the pics. He was looking at the babies, who are looking over the wall at him lol. The last picture, going from left to right the babies names are Shady, Bomber, Deamon (who lives up to his name) and Scorch. Then the single horse in Ryder.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Haha, those last pictures are hilarious! Why are they in a hole? (Just wondering)

Your new baby is so pretty, I can't wait to see more pics of him.

·
Registered
651 Posts
He has such a sweet kind face! He is gorgeous! Congrats! Hope the trial goes well and you get to keep him!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol paintluver, the way the property is, well basically its on a hill, so to put the barn and the house were it is at they had to build it up and the pasture is pretty flat were the babies are, its just a wall were there standing at. Thanks redhawk! I hope so to.

·
Registered
470 Posts
OMG the horses looking over the fence are SO CUTE!
What a lovely new horse!!

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
WooHoo. I'm glad you finally found a horse that it seems like you will love. He has an incredibly kind face and you can certainly tell that he has had a few thousand miles under saddle ;p. I can't wait to hear updates from when you are finally able to ride him. Most of the time, those old ranch horses are the most broke horses you will find anywhere. :D

Congrats!!!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks smrobs!!! I will let you guys know when i ride him. Dynamite, i plan on doing trail riding mostly, gymkhana's and maybe some local barrel racing jackpots. I love how he is so calm and just acts dead broke, bombproof, but he is only 8 yrs!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
hahahaha, the pictures of the horses looking is absolutely adorable!! so freaking cute!
Congrats on your new guy. Looking forwards to seeing new pictures of you two together, good luck with him.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That's awesome that you get a 2 week trial so you get a chance to really know him. He's adorable. I hope he's as great under saddle as he seems so far. Enjoy!

·
Registered
730 Posts
What a cutie RJ!! Love the babies! It looks like you found a keeper!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Congrats on hopefully finding "the one." He looks a lot like my gelding, a draft cross who is 18 hds! Don't plan on winning those speed events against little QH's but you'll sure have fun! Hope the trial works out for you and the weather cooperates!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts