The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YAY! It is an 18.5" Crosby Bruce Davidson eventer. My stirrups need more holes so I look funny in it LOL:lol: I know the panels look like they don't fit but I had just pulled it out of the box and after I rode in it, the stuffing adjusted

Attachments

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I'm not great at fitting critique, but it looks like a nice saddle. I hope it's very comfortable to ride as well. :)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks too low in front, which is popping up the back of the saddle. A saddle fitter may be able to adjust the flocking to help level out the saddle.
Yeah, I kinda just threw it on him :oops: I was really excited :lol: I got in it and it felt funny do I fixed it after I took the pix so it is fine I think:?

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
riser pads work very well. I have one. I don't use it anymore thoughbecause I have a better fitting saddle now but they defiently help.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does look in the right position but this saddle likes to sit more forward. It locked into place higher up. I tried a riser and it didnt work. it was too much

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
I'm not an English rider, but if it is a brand new saddle, won't the back end settle down with use as the padding shapes to fit the horse? But like I said, I ride western, lol!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not an English rider, but if it is a brand new saddle, won't the back end settle down with use as the padding shapes to fit the horse? But like I said, I ride western, lol!
It is not brand new but it was rarely used. After I rode in it, the back settled down considerably. The panels are huge so that could make it look like that

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
It is not brand new but it was rarely used. After I rode in it, the back settled down considerably. The panels are huge so that could make it look like that
I thought it looked pretty good, especially considering the padding still needs to settle. But other folks thought maybe it needed a riser, hence my comment that maybe it would fit better when it was broke in. :)

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Yes, the back panels will compress, but NO they will not get lower on the horse. The tree is shaped the way it is and no amount of breaking in will change it.

Yes, if you scoot the saddle forward it will sit more level, but then the tree will be over the shoulders of the horse, which is not correct. Having the saddle too far forward can cause pain and pinching over time, and shorten the horse's strides or reach.

The saddle is sitting too low on the horse in the proper position. You either need a pad that raises the front of the saddle, or you need a correction pad that adds some thickness at the front. Or, you need to hire a saddle fitter to adjust the flocking of the saddle so it fits correctly.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, the back panels will compress, but NO they will not get lower on the horse. The tree is shaped the way it is and no amount of breaking in will change it.

Yes, if you scoot the saddle forward it will sit more level, but then the tree will be over the shoulders of the horse, which is not correct. Having the saddle too far forward can cause pain and pinching over time, and shorten the horse's strides or reach.

The saddle is sitting too low on the horse in the proper position. You either need a pad that raises the front of the saddle, or you need a correction pad that adds some thickness at the front. Or, you need to hire a saddle fitter to adjust the flocking of the saddle so it fits correctly.
Are you talking a half pad?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Possibly, but it may create a bridging spot under the saddle, what can cause extra pressure and saddle sores. Correction pads and lift front pads generally avoid this issues.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Possibly, but it may create a bridging spot under the saddle, what can cause extra pressure and saddle sores. Correction pads and lift front pads generally avoid this issues.
I will have to look for something cheap. I am broke right now :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.