The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't drawn in ages, but here's some stuff from about a year (maybe more!!) ago! Just wanted to get my little thread started in the art sub-forum since I'm planning on starting back up with sketching. :)

Hilariously, I'm the worst at drawing horses. And colouring them. Oh god.

These are actually all unfinished. I don't say WIP, because they will never be finished, ha. The Castiel drawing is further along now, but I wanted to show the difference between an uncoloured eye and one that I did!

If you're into constructive crit, feel free to rant about what could be done better. Be gentle on me pls.

Attachments

·
Registered
48,812 Posts
no ranting here. these are computer drawn, except the pencil one? remember, I am like old, so know nothing about these new-fangled computer drawing thingies.

this one, I like:

drawing eyes is hard. remembe that eyes work in pairs, so if the eye ball is rotated to the left or right (right in this picture) then both of them will go to the right. which means that the eyelid will be lifted more on the inside of the person's left eye, and the outside of her right eye. consistency is key. and the pupils must line up perfectly in terms of where they are positioned in the eyeball. human beings can see the very slightest of discrepancies with one pupil looking one place, and the other only a few degrees off. it's hard to make them perfect, but the closer , the better.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no ranting here. these are computer drawn, except the pencil one? remember, I am like old, so know nothing about these new-fangled computer drawing thingies.

this one, I like:

drawing eyes is hard. remembe that eyes work in pairs, so if the eye ball is rotated to the left or right (right in this picture) then both of them will go to the right. which means that the eyelid will be lifted more on the inside of the person's left eye, and the outside of her right eye. consistency is key. and the pupils must line up perfectly in terms of where they are positioned in the eyeball. human beings can see the very slightest of discrepancies with one pupil looking one place, and the other only a few degrees off. it's hard to make them perfect, but the closer , the better.
I have sketchbook upon sketchbook filled with drawings, but I've always had a soft spot for digital art. I like colouring more than I like actually drawing and it's a lot more fun on the computer. The only pencil drawings there are the crosses in my sketchbook. I've lost my groove recently and I'm terrified to draw in any form because I've been out of practice for a couple of years. Sigh.

Eyes are definitely hard! :-( I've always had trouble with making them even/lined up properly/etc. I know the technical knowledge is what improves art, but I'm really hard-headed and can never get things to stick in my head and use it consistently.

I'll hunt through my sketches in the morning and see if I can get some traditional stuff up here!

edit: Also thank you for replying!!! I absolutely love your work, so beautiful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts