The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt find a feedback thread, so I just do this.

I just do this because I find improvance important.

I know I'm new to THIS forum, but I'm a veteran forum user. I've had my own forums for different topics. I use the big forum operationgaga for years so thats why I feel like I can already do this.

Positive things:
I like the activity in here. The feauturings are cute. I'm loving the green default theme!

Tips:
I see you're a big forum, but I think the amount op topics is WAY to much imo. I understand this is a horses forum and there are a lot of topics about horses bit still.
What you can do is put a new venster at the community index that says "recent topics". This way you have a bigger chance that topics get read.

I think the buttons like "New thread" "Quotte" etc are too small. Its hard to notice them this way.

Feel free to respond, correct me if needed.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
In new posts you can find all of the newest threads, and there is an option for finding unanswered threads also. With as active as we are, very few threads go unanswered. We actually requested the subforums to 'tidy' thing up a bit and make things easier to find when searching for threads of a certain discipline, and experts are more likely to migrate to their area of expertise if they can pick it out :)

Welcome to the forum by the way! I'm an avid forumer as well and am part of about 4 actively, but this one is one of my favorites for its activity.

Reactions: Wallaby

·
Registered
4 Posts
In new posts you can find all of the newest threads, and there is an option for finding unanswered threads also. With as active as we are, very few threads go unanswered. We actually requested the subforums to 'tidy' thing up a bit and make things easier to find when searching for threads of a certain discipline, and experts are more likely to migrate to their area of expertise if they can pick it out :)

Welcome to the forum by the way! I'm an avid forumer as well and am part of about 4 actively, but this one is one of my favorites for its activity.
Yeah but then you need to be aware of that. Sometimes new threads gets made every minute, but everybody is aware of that.
Oh I see you guys are already working on it :)

Thank you! Please dont see this as an attack, but as an advice and some help :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I don't think we need a "bigger chance of topics getting read" because I have never in my many years here had a topic go unanswered. We have a lot of subforums for a lot of different types of questions / comments / disciplines, etc. I personally don't think you can compare to a forum meant to encompass such a broad range to any type of fan base forum.

·
Registered
48,978 Posts
HoresloverNL, I wanted to let you know that I removed your posted link to the other forum. I understand you only meant it as a comparison, but we do not allow members to post links to other forums here. just one of the rules.

I always go straight to "quick links" and underneath I click on "today's posts", which is always updating. We are a big forum, with many topics and many new posts, every minute almost. Personally, I like that.

I don't always only want to see what is "hot" at the top of the page. I might be interested in things that are not the "hot" thread.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I like our little forum situation. We are a big forum, with lots of very knowledgeable people. <3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts