The Horse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've finally decided on photographs to submit to the youth photo contest at the Midwest Horse Fair! it took me like a month to choose haha. And then there was cropping to consider, color correction, etc... a whole lot of work! i'm just glad my dad is generous enough to let me take his nice camera out to the barn to take pictures!

Jorj and Nick:

Thumper:

Titan:

Stilts:

And Hoss:

By the way, i wouldn't mind some critiques from you guys!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
im no photographer, but i really like the one of titan !

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i agree, i really like the photo of Titan, and the eye photograph of Thumper.
They are very mysterious looking lol :) Now if only titan was abit more darker looking :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'm no expert, but I think they're WONDERFUL! I especially like the one of Thumper; so cool how you got the reflection of the barn in his eye! All stunning! Well done! =]

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
I really like the one of Titan, I just wish his feet weren't cut off! I also really really like the one of Stilts. I could see that on a poster or something. =D

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm not an expert on photography but artistically, they are all wonderful. I'd draw any of 'em in a heartbeat. :D
Awesome angles, beautiful horses, and talent on your part...you're set!

·
Registered
79 Posts
The first two should bring you something those are what i would submit. I do photography. You did a very good job on catching the story. Making a picture tell a big story is what will catch a judge.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Those are fantastic! I love your choice of color and cropping. :) I agree with Wallaby about Titans hooves being cut off, but beside that, all the photos all great!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! Yeah, it's a shame Titan's feet got cut off... oh well, something to pay some more attention to next time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts