The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After more than a month of waiting and fretting trying to get everything organized long distance, my new girl arrived bright (okay...not so bright as it was foggy and misty) and early Monday morning!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks y'all! I'm currently laying on the cement wall of an old stock tank using a halter and lead rope as a pillow watching my girl and the rest of the herd grazing contentedly. Could there be anything better than this?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Thanks y'all! I'm currently laying on the cement wall of an old stock tank using a halter and lead rope as a pillow watching my girl and the rest of the herd grazing contentedly. Could there be anything better than this?
Posted via Mobile Device
No there isn't!!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
CONGRATS! I havent heard the whole story.. did you recently buy her or something?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Dixie Nice horse I love her color What is her breed?
congratulations
Hey CW! It's great to have you back :D Skye is an 8 year old Walking Horse. My mom found her for me after I realized that nothing I could do was gonna make Nala into the horse I needed. I gave Nala to a girl who needed a pasture mate for her QH mare and quite frankly is younger and has a lot less on her plate than I do :)

So, Nala is in a great place and Skye is an absolute dream. I've had her just over a week now and have only gotten to ride once due to weather and the fact that my hubby left for a business trip the day after she arrived and I promised that I wouldn't ride her for the first time while he was on the other side of the country :)

I'm going out this afternoon after the kids are settled in and ride again :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's just a few days short of a month since my beautiful girl arrived from North Carolina. I named her Skye based on a picture because she sorely needed a name change. The people my I bought her from called her Spade... After she got settled up here and her personality started to emerge it became apparent that the name Skye wasn't a good fit...she's far too silly to be a Skye So, today it became official...she is now Bonnie Jean

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.