The Horse Forum banner

My stallion prospect

3447 11
Meet Casper what do you think about him?

''PURE WHITE, PINK SKINNED, & BLUE EYED''
''HOMOZYGOUS FOR THE BLACK GENE''
''90''% + COLOR PRODUCER''
''SUPER BLOODLINES''
''ONE OF A KIND''

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Is he yours, or are you looking to buy? :) Do ya have anymore pictures, particularly ones of him standing square so i can take a peek at conformation?

He is cute! Personally, im apprehensive of white pink skinned paints for a few reasons.. from risks of lethal whites to extra care in the summer to prevent sunburned nosies and eye lids!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he has been tested for lethal white and does not carry the gene. I am looking at buying him. He has black ears and a small spot on his face, I have reason to believe that he has black pigmented skin because his father was a black overo and his mother was as well. The owner sent me a video of him at a Horse O' Rama and he rides english and western. He is completely solid except for the markings I stated above but throws 90% color on foals. THAT IS CRAZY! He is featured on the Wonderfull World Of Paints website as being a one of a kind stallion. So I thought that would seel his breedings. I will look through all the pictures and find a few body shots of him, I thought he looked very correct. He has been taught to lay down to mount and also bow!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he is actually not a tovero! he is registered with the APHA as a breeding stock paint. Many of the white coated APHA horses will have black pigment under their coat which is why many of the halter horses are completely shaved before attending a show, so that the judge will see that they are colored.Most Judges tend to go for the loud colored horses and tend to stay away from whites and cremellos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.