The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your top5 favourite things about horses and ponies? Mine are...
5. Every one is different and has his or her own personality (unlike cars!)
4. I feel like I'm flying when I ride them.
3. They are free animals and I love watching them let their steam off in the paddocks.
2. They are one of the most beautiful creatures on earth in my opinion and you can make them even prettier by dressing them up!
1. The bond you create with a certain horse(s) or pony(ies) is un breakable and nothing can come between you. Their cute as well!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Some items in my list might be a bit tongue-in-cheek, but they are meant with great affection ;-D

<in no particular order>
  • Chuck calls me and will come to me when I walk to his pasture... Or, maybe it is the fact that I am the food/treat lady.
  • I always feel energized after riding.
  • Grooming my horse is one of the most soothing things I can do for me... Even if he is a mess.
  • Anytime I am having a 'challenging' day, I can go hang out with my horse in his stall or pasture and I will feel better.
  • Having our horse at home has grown my love of our horse beyond anything I would have expected.
OP, thanks for starting this thread!

Donna

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
the stress relief of being around them, no matter what it is thats stressing me

the challenges that never stop coming be it riding the same horse for years, or new ones every day

the bond with that special horse that every long time horse owner feels at least once in their life

the high of a hard earned accomplishment after working months or years with your equine partner.

and those quiet moments where you can just stand next to your horse and be silent, and look around and be content. really, fully content with where you are, and the being standing next to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.