The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :) My 6 year old gelding has been lame for 6 months and has shown little to no improvement. He was slightly off at the jog one day, but worked out of it fairly quickly. Later that week, he went lame on his left front. The whole time he has been lame it has only shown up when tracking left at the trot on the lunge line. During the 1st couple weeks he was short strided with a slight head bob. I had him hoof tested and we found nothing; however, his left shoulder was sore. I had him adjusted by the chiropractor and the chiropractor said he had never seen a horse as out of alignment as him. He was out in both shoulders and both hips, with the left shoulder being the worst. Following the 1st adjustment, he was sound for 10 minutes on the lunge line before the limp came back, getting worse the more he went around. Since then, my horse has been adjusted several times. His alignment is now fine, but he is still lame :( During the 1st month, prior to his adjustments, his lameness was fairly consistent. Since then, he has been very inconsistent. The amount of time it takes for him to start limping has varied from the 1st step to 10 minutes into lunging and the head bob varies from slight to very pronounced. Once the limping starts, he has been consistently short strided on his left front, and every time we have evaluated him his limp has gotten worse the more he has gone around. I have had the vet come see him a couple of times and we have found nothing other than that his shoulder is sore when you push on it. He flexes fine and he actually got worse after we nerve blocked him (which is consistent with him getting worse the more he goes around). He is shod with pads and wedges, and I have had several farriers check and hoof test his feet, so I don't think it is a hoof problem. Has anyone else had a lame horse block and flex fine?? Any ideas what could be going on here? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.