The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Name Suggestions?

806 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Avna 
#1 ·
Things have taken an interesting turn as a new horse has entered my life and now I'm in search of a name for him.

This guy is a thoroughbred gelding who never raced. He's currently 8 years old and stands at 16.1 hh, so he's a big guy lol. At one point he was introduced to dressage but the last 2.5-3 years he's been a western trail horse. However, as it turns out, he's scared of cows. And the lady who had him lives somewhere now where there's a lot of cows around and doesn't have the time or means to get him used to cows so he hasn't been ridden too much in the last year roughly.

Despite him being a TB and the breed being known for being hot and very forward, he's actually a little on the lazy side and likes to take his time. When you get on him, you can definitely feel the power and speed he has if he decided to use it, but he's just a huge teddy bear. He's an absolute sweetheart. I also tend to get an anxiety attack when it comes to being around or working with horses that may potentially become mine. I'm not sure why, it's just the way I am. Depending on what the horse, my anxiety level will either be bigger or lower.
But when I met this guy, I just fell in love and had absolute zero anxiety at all. I've also never been on a horse taller than 15.2 hh but even his height didn't faze me.
Him and I just seemed to click and it was great. I won't go so far as to say that we now have some "special" bond or anything, but I think him and I are a good match.

He also has a goofy side to him as well. When I'd scratch just the right spot on his shoulder, he'd stick his head up in the air and his top lip went up and wiggled around a bit as well. A few times of that then triggered several big yawns in a row lol. He was so cute and kept looking back at me for more scratches when I'd stop so he's definitely a big ol' love bug.

So he is going to be coming to live with me on Thursday. His current name is Bo-eye and I just don't really like that name at all.
I'm not good at coming up with names so I welcome any and all suggestions.

See less See more
#6 ·
I love naming animals ... I even have a list on file of cool names I would like to use someday. But it always turns out the same. The animal just names itself, and it's never the cool name from my list. Usually but not always they name themselves "people" names. It can take a few weeks.

#7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions so far. There's a few there I definitely like. And I don't doubt it'll take a little while before I name him. It's taken me up to 2 weeks at one point to figure out a name lol. But it's nice to have some names in mind so that I have a place to start at least which can then lead to the name meant for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.