The Horse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a black (soon to be blue roan) quarter horse filly but I have no idea what to name her. Currently they call her Ember but it's just a temporary nickname before the new owner (me) takes her home in October. Her sire's registered name is Krogman Krockett and her dam's nickname is Sophie (I haven't found out her registered name yet) if that helps. Here's some pictures. I was thinking something American like Independence or something. Or maybe something related to country music...

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Cassiopeia :) Cassy or Pea for short. It's a constellation that can be seen from the Northern hemysphere and it has many myths and legends woven around it.

·
Super Moderator
12,860 Posts
Dam should be Kros Shady Dun.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Oh, such a beautiful girl at that!! I have never heard a horse named Glory after the flag. Maybe Ole Glory on her papers with what other name you might want to tie it with. If you realize she eats too much, I can take her off your hands!! Ha-ha!! She is a hottie.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Blue Star. My daughter's blue roan is named Moonshine. Or True Blue? River Blues.

• Love
Reactions: Friesians45

·
Super Moderator
26,927 Posts
Jolene....

Reactions: Avna

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a black (soon to be blue roan) quarter horse filly but I have no idea what to name her. Currently they call her Ember but it's just a temporary nickname before the new owner (me) takes her home in October. Her sire's registered name is Krogman Krockett and her dam's nickname is Sophie (I haven't found out her registered name yet) if that helps. Here's some pictures. I was thinking something American like Independence or something. Or maybe something related to country music...
View attachment 1115405

View attachment 1115406
Krogman’s Shady Sapphire
(If the Dam’s registered name is actually “…Shady Dun”, as one post indicated)…
Enjoy your new baby!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would watch the way she acts and name her by what she does, sometimes you can get the right name. My friend has a dog that if you called her by that name she wouldn't answer to it, but if you call her Pee Wee she will come. When she was little she could fit under a door. The door was about 2 1/2 off of the floor and she was the only one that could squeeze under the door. That's how she got her name was by her action and it stuck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know her color will change but seeing her black I immediately thought of ”Cash” for Johnny Cash, the man in black……she’s precious!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know her color will change but seeing her black I immediately thought of ”Cash” for Johnny Cash, the man in black……she’s precious!
You could call her "OLIVE OIL" sence it's a horse. Oil means money. I don't think anyone has used that name. ☺😍🐎

1 - 20 of 26 Posts