The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a favor from a few people with small headed Qh's. Could you measure from one corner of their mouth over the poll and back to the other corner? Like how a headstall fits... Thank you very much, I need the measurement for a project, but Tom is too far away right now to get it off of him, so I was hoping to get a few peoples measurement...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Can't you get a friend that is closer to your horse measure him for you? Every horse is different, you can't just group them all in as "small headed QH" that is too vague. You might be able to get an estimation, but I wouldn't make any purchases from those measurements. Either get someone to do it for you, or wait until you can do it yourself.

Just my advice,

Jubilee

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
I happen to know Lacey's measurement for that! =D She's 43 inches from one corner of her mouth to the other.

She's really tiny though so Tom might be bigger but they might be similar. Like on her, a cob bridle is on the too big side of fitting. o_O

But maybe this'll help. =)

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not and would not make a purchase with anything but his measurements, this is not what I am asking for. I specifically asked for a small headed qh(should have put qh type horse...) for a reason, and I am sure it is easy to tell if a horse has a smaller head or a bigger one... I just need a general (average) measurement...

Thank you Wallaby that is exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
81 Posts
She said it was for a project, guys :wink:

I don't know Nita's at the moment, but I can get it tomorrow if you will still need them by then. I know she has a smaller head because I have to buy her cob bridles.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sorry, I guess I just didn't read it right. I just assumed you were messureing to buy a bridle or something. My bad. :)

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is ok, I really should have explained better. No it is not to buy a bridle. It is for some gifts that I am going to be making for some old saddle club friends, they all have qh's and most of them are pretty tiny. I was going to make them all custom knotted headstalls (adjustable, that is why I was asking you guys for measurements, I was going to make them to the average I got on here for the smallest setting...). They are supposed to be a surprise, that is why I just didn't ask them...

Yes I still need more! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
My Lillie is a almost 2 yr old quarter horse. She seems to have a pretty small head because my bridles do not fit her. I'll measure her today and give you the measurements if that helps.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow, that sounds like a really fun idea. I don't have a quarter horse. The only small headed "Horse" I work with is a 13 hand pony and I am pretty sure his head would be WAY too small for what you need.

Good Luck and have fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.