The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi nice people, I just moved to America. Im looking for a job as a horse trainer. I have 14 years of experience riding horses and 6 years training children and adult how to ride horses.i live in los angeles.
Ive been looking for a job as a horse trainer here but i cant find any can anybody help me ?

Thank you so much

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Unless you have credentials that can be checked, like a show record, you're going to have a bit of a hard time. You need to find a barn or a trainer that will be willing to work with you and help your get clients.

You can't just be a "horse trainer". You have to be specific in what you want to train horses in, such as Dressage or barrel racing or something else.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Shiva,

There are several online resources such as yardandgroom.co.uk socalequine.com and socalequest.com that have job postings.

I would think it is best that you look for a working student job or assistant trainer job. Assistant trainers are VERY hard to come by and often need solid connections. You will probably have the best luck if you try to be a working student and then making other connections from there. Keep in mind these are UNPAID.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.