The Horse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got Teddy over a year ago, and we never changed his name because it was easy for my daughter (at the time she was 18 months) to say... But she is going to start lead line gymkhana next season, and I think it will be nice to have a fun show name.

A little history:
He is 10.2hh Shetland Pony (as far as we know) and is 11 this year. He was given to my daughter b/c he followed he all over his old owners property... They wanted him to have a little girl to love :) He is the sweetest pony imaginable, and not ponyish at all. He is very brave, and takes care of my daughter. Puppy-dog personality. My daughter (who will be 3 in Feb.) can ride him by herself, and he is perfect.

The day they met:

First ride by herself (I was right in front of Teddy, and he was following me)

Then All by herself:

He's a camera hog :)

So what do you think a good show name would be???

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
OMG those pics are too cute for words!

Thinking of how sweet he is...I thought...

Brown Sugar
Honey Bear
Golden Honey
Sugar Smacks

·
Registered
437 Posts
what is your daughter name? maybe you can get it in there somehow so its fun for her. she would probably think that fun

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My daughter's name is MacKenzie... that's a good idea :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe: Thimble Full of Gold or Compact Gold?? What do you guys think??? It's sad, I love coming up with names, but I can't figure out a name for my own horses :/

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone else? this is harder then I thought it would be... My fiance said it should just be Theodor lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
Aw! I love Teddy! I WILL meet him one day.. Lol. Unfortunately I'm no good at coming up with names. I want to try Cricket out in Gymkhana, but I'm a big chicken. Lol

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love gymkhana... We go to some local shows, and MacKenzie is so fascinated with all the girls and their fast ponies :) When I first started I just did walk/trot until I was comfortable... then you couldn't slow me down ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used to LOVE Paddington Bear! that's really cute

·
Registered
531 Posts
Banjo's bear,bar of gold ,fluffy gold
banjo's gold,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts