The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after taking 2/3 years with no horse riding I’m debating booking a lesson with a stable which I’ve disvovered isn’t too far away.

I’m wanting to ensure I’ll be committed to riding before I buy all the necessities again and was wondering whether these boots I currently own would be suitable for riding in? I’m not worried about them getting mucky seeing as I hardly wear them anyway. They both have a rubber heel and are real leather & laced up.

Any & all input is welcome, thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
49,417 Posts
is the sole of the upper one leather? or is it a gummy rubber? I would not ride in any shoe with a gummy rubber sole.

Otherwise, both look ok to me. You are riding English style? you may want to buy some half chaps. Otherwise the stirrup leathers may pinch your calf something awful!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would say both sets of boots would be acceptable footwear for now while you decide how committed you are. But if it were me I would go with the Second pair over the first pair the soles on the second pair look a little better for it.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Either pair I think would work.

The first pair look more like an equestrian paddock boot but I personally prefer the tread on the second shoe, which if you're just getting back into riding it may make you feel a little more secure.

I also second the purchase of half chaps or at the very least, thick tall socks to help prevent chafing and pinching!

·
Super Moderator
10,029 Posts
I prefer the brown, merely a personal choice. Both will work.

If you don't have half chaps, wrap your lower leg work polo wraps. Many professional exercise riders do.

·
Super Moderator
12,636 Posts
Aww @boots, I thought it was pretty funny. Funnier than opening your HF page and being sent back in time 24 - 48 hours as is what has been happening to me. It will be interesting to see if this posts as I am mostly getting "TEMPORARY ERROR" messages.

·
Registered
749 Posts
To the OP, welcome back to horses! I hope you get a chance to book a lesson and have some fun. Either pair should be fine for a first lesson.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.