The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm a longtime lurker, I don't own horse, but I love them. I'm putting together a little illustraed book about horses, and I would LOVE some input from actual horse people. It's simple and supposed to be humerous, but accurate.

So, I'm focusing on illustrating a few breeds, coat colours, parts of the horse, markings, possibly food, maybe some tack.

I've attached a sample image to get an idea of the kind of look I'm going for! This is my drawing for face markings!
horsemarkings.jpg

I can list your name in a thank you page if you submit an idea and you want some credit for it! It's not going to be a published book, but most likely a printshop booklet... but all the same! I may do something more pro later.

Here is my horse part list, I'd like a silly description to coincide with the actual part, some of them are kind of weak, so if anyone has any better suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

muzzle - hay muncher
nostril - treat snuffler
mane - tangled mess
tail - fly swatter
hoof - toe squisher
barrel - hay storage
leg - bucket kicker
eye - danger spotters
ear - happiness gauge
withers - saddle challenge
hock - backwards bendy bits
knee - bendy bits
fetlock - ???

Same for breeds and colours, should I add some? Nix some?

Shetland
Clysdedale
Arabian
Thoroughbred
Appaloosa
quarter horse
saddlebred
connemara
warmblood
andalusian
camargue
przewalski

Chestnut
bay
black
dun
buckskin
palomino
leopard
blanket
roan
cremello
brown
silver bay

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
For ear, I'd change that to "opinion" indicator since those ears can sure let you know when the horse disagrees with you or is getting ready to explode!

In breeds, I suggest adding miniature horses and one of the gaited breeds like Tennessee Walking Horse, Rocking Mountain, Standardbred, etc.

Cute idea for a book!

·
Registered
126 Posts
For ear, I'd change that to "opinion" indicator since those ears can sure let you know when the horse disagrees with you or is getting ready to explode!

In breeds, I suggest adding miniature horses and one of the gaited breeds like Tennessee Walking Horse, Rocking Mountain, Standardbred, etc.

Cute idea for a book!
A mini horse is such a good idea! They're so full of sass. Haha.

I love this idea! It's super cute.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yes! These are great guys! Thanks for taking some time to comment, I'll be making the changes and adding the suggestions.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I don't have any ideas as for now, but this is such a cool idea and your drawings are super funny and cute! I could definitely imagine you offering a service of horse portrait drawing in your unique style! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts