The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just recently bought an OTTB rescue, she is a 3 year old and her barn name is Summer. I want an elegant name and I have a few picked out that I will put at the bottom, but comment some other names that you think will fit her. Thank you.

An OTTB, 3 year old, black, 16.1 hh filly.

Lueur d’espoir (glimmer of hope)
Fleur De Cerisier (Cheery Blossom)
Reine Noir (Black Queen)
La reine de la nuit (Queen of the night)
Reine de L'Arene (Queen of the Arena)
Summer Breeze
Tranquility
Fleur de L'aube (Dawn Flower)

·
Banned
214 Posts
Hey everyone, I just recently bought an OTTB rescue, she is a 3 year old and her barn name is Summer. I want an elegant name and I have a few picked out that I will put at the bottom, but comment some other names that you think will fit her. Thank you.

An OTTB, 3 year old, black, 16.1 hh filly.

Lueur d’espoir (glimmer of hope)
Fleur De Cerisier (Cheery Blossom)
Reine Noir (Black Queen)
La reine de la nuit (Queen of the night)
Reine de L'Arene (Queen of the Arena)
Summer Breeze
Tranquility
Fleur de L'aube (Dawn Flower)
Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't right now because I am on a computer and they are on a phone, I'll post one a little later.

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
I like Lueur d’espoir (glimmer of hope) best, and then her barn name could be Glimmer instead of Summer :smile:

·
Super Moderator
26,875 Posts
I never change a horses name... I just go with the one they are given. If it's an OTTB it already has a name. Why change it?

Summer is a pretty barn name but my guess is you'll come up with your own nickname as you really get to know her...

Mine are rarely called by their barn names even though they are their barn names....

Beauty is Bute.... Sierra is Princess.... Pistol is Sweet Pea... Riley is Ri-ri or Rimeister... Cloud is Little Baby Horse... Even my dog... Smalls is Baby doggie more than he is Smalls... and my cat Sally is Silly....

But their show names are their registered names... Unless they don't have a registered name... then it's their barn name....

Reactions: AnitaAnne

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, she does not have a show name. She was a horse that helped the real race horses run. She never raced, that is why I am asking for a show name.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I added some photos to my gallery, they are under summer. I'm new to this and am not sure how to insert a photo. Sorry, lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even if she wasn’t raced she might be still be registered with the Jockey Club. You can check to see if she has a tattoo under her top lip. If she does you can use the number to look up her lineage too.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I like all of them, but Reine Noir and Tranquility the most(easier to announce at a show)

Some other names:

words related to the color black
Pinot noir
Summer night
Nocnitsa
Nightshade
Atrament
Nerina
Merula (blackbird in latin)

Dark Flowers
Alcea Rosea
Zantedeschia

·
Banned
742 Posts
My thought is incorporating her name "Summer" into it would be best. My 1 cent (used to be 2 cents until I retired).
Something like "Summer Shadow", "Summer Solstice", or adding one of these...
Midnight Sun
Carmelita
Belladonna
Starlight
Moonglow
Nightshade
Black Dahlia
Stormy

Thoroughbreds, many have interesting names.

French...how about "Solstice D'été Noir"
"Morelle De Juillet", "Summer Belle Lune Noire"

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Summer Eclipse.

The brightness of summer with the dark of her color. In any language.

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
Noir, Moonlight, After Dark, etc. She's cute!

I see nothing wrong with changing her name. I changed my horse's name, well her barn name obviously not her 'registered' racing name. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.