The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Have you tried horse club adds, Craigslist or other classified adds? In my area, you can often find new or used but good condition riding clothes there.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Ok, so you're in CA-what part? Northern? Southern? Anywhere near Norco? If I knew your area I have suggestions, since I lived there for over 50 years!

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
If you're anywhere near Norco ( HorseTown USA) go to Thrifty Horse-I've gotten nice breeches there for as little as $5! They have all kinds of new & used clothing (for riding), and all kinds of tack also. English, Western, Aussie, & more! They are on 6th St ( the main drag) & right next to Boot Barn. Across the street is Norco Ranch Outfitters & next door to them is an excellent horse vet office. I miss that area so much!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're anywhere near Norco ( HorseTown USA) go to Thrifty Horse-I've gotten nice breeches there for as little as $5! They have all kinds of new & used clothing (for riding), and all kinds of tack also. English, Western, Aussie, & more! They are on 6th St ( the main drag) & right next to Boot Barn. Across the street is Norco Ranch Outfitters & next door to them is an excellent horse vet office. I miss that area so much!
WOW! Thank you!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I live in Western NY, I got my show breeches from State Line Tack, brand new for less than $30! They always have coupons and great deals going on! :D So that's always a try!

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Try tack trader pages on facebook. If you look carefully, you can find lots of good deals there. Some folks that outgrow things, get out of riding, or are even selling brand new breeches for a low price because they ordered the wrong size. I sold a brand new pair on there for $20 shipped because apparently x small is not a popular size. Beats getting nothing for them sitting in my closet! I also bought a pair for the same price in basically show condition. Also consider posting an ad in the classifieds on here. Same deal- lots of people end up with extra pairs of breeches and some money is better than nothing. You'll sometimes find some of show quality, and even more schooling quality for really good prices.

And, of course, check the sales pages of online stores. I'm sure there are going to be lots of sales on winter breeches soon, and regular ones go on sale regularly as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.