The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Well, I'm now 21 weeks preggers with baby #2, and it's a girl. I'm so thrilled to be having a little princess! My problem is names! I'm horrible at naming pets and kids - it took me until I saw my son in my arms to pic a name. I'd love to hear some suggestions, or cool names that you have heard. The middle name is going to be Marie, for my mother and Godmother....

·
Super Moderator
26,794 Posts
Rose Marie
Anna Marie

sorry... I don't know!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya know what's funny? My last name is Savory...Rose Marie Savory...say it with me! Might as well call her "poultry seasoning"! Haha!

·
Super Moderator
26,794 Posts
Mya Marie Savory!

Mwhahahahahahahah!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I was PG with my son, we called him "Dillweed". It's still his nickname!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
We have a Jessica Marie and Christine Marie in our family (my niece and sister). Really, though, there is nothing wrong with doing what you did with your first and waiting to "meet" the baby and be inspired.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We went into my son's birth with a short list at least...I'm kinda stumped for girl names though. I have one, I like Lauren a lot, but I'm not sold. I'm looking for a little inspiration!

·
Super Moderator
26,794 Posts
Lorelei

I like Ruby, but my sons name is Max so when I have my next I'm just not sure I can do that to them! Max and Ruby!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I like Ruby, but my sons name is Max so when I have my next I'm just not sure I can do that to them! Max and Ruby!

No don't do that! My dog and car are Ruby and Max...named by my kids!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good names so far! And yep, my mom is french-canadian, hence the Marie.
What do you think of Scarlett?

·
Super Moderator
22,680 Posts
Scarlett would be cute :).

Or how about Anne Marie?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I don't have any specific name recommendations, but some guidelines. Make sure you pronounce out loud the full name, and just the first with sir name to make sure they sound good when spoken (and said sternly if necessary when she's in trouble :wink:). Also say your son's name and your girl choices together to make sure they sound good together and not too much alike, especially the first syllable or you'll get one answering when you call the other (guess how I know :oops:).

And since her last two initials will be MS, please don't name her a P name :lol:.

I really liked looking up how common/uncommon the names we were thinking of using were so we used the US social security site a lot. They have records of recorded US names from birth certificates going back over fifty years (I know you're from Canada, but we're right next door, so it still might be useful). You can just have it give you names from a specific year, a period of years, or list the 10 most popular to all 1000 that made the list each year (they have separate lists for boys and girls).

Popular baby names

Good luck, and happy gestating :D.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh Tiff! I didn't know you found out! Cool! How far are you now? You must be getting close? We were pretty shocked when they said girl - we both thought for sure this was a boy.
I love the name alexis, but my BFF has a DD named Alexis, so it might be wierd.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Veronica Marie? I like names that can switch around depending on personality and career choices. So Veronica can be Ron, Nica, Ronnie or full out Veronica. Alexis can become Al, Alex, Lexie.

Look in the bible -- there are great names in there.

Combine part of your name with part of your husband's name. My brother did that and ended up coming up with an original, only to find out years later that it wasn't original after all. So, eg. Mary and Stevee could be Marvie although Marvie Marie Savory would be a bit wierd. Angela and Dean could be Angelean or Deala? You get the idea.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Yeah we tried to find out, they told me 85% sure that it's a boy, so I guess it could be a girl yet! LOL :D

I am due on April 5th, so not a whole lot further to go now! Getting pretty excited! Hubby is worse than me, everytime I call him at work he's already telling the guys I'm going into labour...lol What a sweetie..

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have always been fond of Madison. :)

Madison Marie.
Anabella Marie.
Jordan Marie.
Cameron Marie.
Kylee Marie.

Of course you can always mix up the spellings but those are some of the ones I like most. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts